Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Gathering supplies

It has begun...the gathering of supplies. My future mother in law found these fun lanterns from Wal-mart that are perfect for the rustic type setting I want to create. About 5 people have been on the look out and I think we have gathered enough up to do something with. The great thing about Wal-mart, if we don't end up wanting to use them...they will take them back!

Ryan and I went to Wal-mart the other night to pick up some candle circles. Ryan is going to build our center pieces (I love that I am marrying a very talented fabricator!!) and he needed a base for a candle to sit on. So we picked up a few of those for him to try out and I found an aisle runner. Wal-mart is now picking up on the wedding biz. I have seen the aisle in Target, but Wal-mart now has a couple rows and they even had some Martha Stewart products. Many items are just not helpful to us, but I was excited to see the aisle runner that I plan on customizing.

We are going to have a pretty diy wedding and I couldn't be happier about it. We are very blessed to be lead to La Tranquila Ranch for our wedding. We will be able to have a very personal event and we are very excited.

As we get some of the diy projects done, I will post them on here with pictures. I will be excited to show them off before next year anyway.

No comments: